1. Should the children bring their own water bottle?
Yes please. The playground water fountains have been switched off. Please label all water bottles.
2. Will the children be doing P.E? Will they need their P.E kit?
Children do need to bring a PE kit.
3. Will lunch be provided?
School lunches are available as usual and can be ordered on the day. As meals will have to be eaten outside or in the classroom, a packed lunch will be offered. No hot meals are available at the moment.
4. Will the children bring home reading books as before?
Yes books will be taken home and when they are returned, left for 48hrs before being taken by anyone else.
5. If my child becomes unwell at school, what will happen?
Parents are requested to take their child's temperature every morning before they come to school and keep them at home if they are displaying any symptoms at all. If your child falls ill at school, you must come to collect them immediately.
7. Will the back gate (leading to Knightwood Road) be open?
Not at the moment.
8. If my child is crying when I'm trying to drop them off, how will you handle that?
We will try our best to calm them and encourage them into the classroom. A swift and speddy exit from parents can be helpful here.
9. Would you like us to send the children in with their own pencil cases and if so what would you like us to include in them?
No thank you. All equipment will be provided by us. Each child will have their zippy pack of stationary which are assigned solely to them. Children will wash their hands before using any shared resources and then wash them again afterwards. Shared equipment will be sanitised as part of our deep clean each Friday afternoon.
10. What happens when my child needs the toilet?
Toilets are allocated to Zorbs and the children know which one they may use. Only one child can be in the toilet at one time. Systems are in place to ensure this.
11. Will the bike shed be available for my child to leave their bike or scooter in?
No, our aim is to keep children from different Zorbs apart as much as possible. We do not want children from different Zorbs accessing the bike sheds at the same time.
12. Can I park in the school car park?
Due to the increased numbers on site there will be no parking for parents in the staff car park at the beginning and the end of the school day. Please allow extra time to walk or park in Glendowan Road.