* QUIZ NIGHT – Friday 10th February. Start: 7.45 pm in the School Hall. Back by popular demand, an adult evening of fun questions to tax the grey matter. Maximum of 6 people per team. Entrance fee of £8 per person will also include a fish and chip style supper during the interval. Details were circulated via Parentmail on 5th January. Closing date for completed team forms is Monday 30th January.
* BOOK FAIR – We will be holding our annual Book Fair on the following days from around 2.45 pm – 4 pm in the School Hall: Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th & Wednesday 8th March
* MOTHER’S DAY SECRET ROOM – Mother’s Day is Sunday 26th March so this is the chance for the children to buy gifts in secret for the special ladies in their lives. This shopping event is held in school over lunchtime. Each gift costs £2.
Tuesday 21st March – KS1 (Years R – 2)
Wednesday 22nd March – KS2 (Years 3 – 6)
Thursday 23rd March – open to anyone to visit or revisit
* SPRING DISCO – Thursday 6th April
Our fun boogie night for all Knightwood Primary School pupils.
Lower School (KS1 – including Year R): 5.30 pm - 6.45 pm
Upper School (KS2): 7.00 pm - 8.15 pm
Drinks will be available throughout each disco and a small snack will be given to every child at the end to take home.
* SECONDHAND UNIFORM SALE – to be held towards the end of term, date to be confirmed.
General information about the KSA
The Knightwood School Association (KSA) is Knightwood Primary School’s very own PTA and helps to raise money for the School in order to provide extra educational treats, events and opportunities for ALL the pupils.
As soon as a child joins the school, their parents/carers automatically become members of the KSA and can take part as much or as little as they choose. Becoming an active member is fun and rewarding and very sociable.
We are a mixture of mums and dads, representing Year R to Year 6, who work alongside the school to:
Set up and run fundraising events which involve children and their parents/carers and add to the overall positive experience of being at Knightwood Primary School;
Identify and fund projects within the school to enhance curricular activities for all year groups;
Respond to funding requests from the school to make sure that any funding offered meets our overall objective - to make sure that any money spent will directly benefit the children and broaden their development.
We are a registered charity and governed by a formal constitution.
We meet once a month (with the exception of January) usually in the school staffroom where we plan and coordinate events. Everyone is welcome to these meetings. For the major events, including the Christmas and Summer Fayres and Sportsfest, we tend to have smaller groups who meet in addition to the monthly meetings as and when the need arises to assist with the more in-depth preparation required for these larger events.
Major projects funded by the KSA over recent years include: new sports equipment for the all-weather pitch, funding an £8,500 adventure playground for the older children, upgrading the IT Suite, providing the projector and screen in the main hall. Over the summer holidays (2015) work took place to remodel the Year R playground; the KSA contributed £10,000 to this project.